Among the names on-board for YouTube’s original lineup is comedian Kevin Hart, Ellen DeGeneres, and Katy Perry; Ludacris will star in a Ryan Seacrest-produced singing competition, while Demi Lovato will take fans behind-the-scenes as she writes & records a new album.
The new YouTube original shows aren’t Google’s first: the company produced north of 30 series/flicks over the last year alone. However, this new batch of original series certainly feels more “legit cable net” than “collection of old Vine stars” than their predecessors. The timing is prudent for Google—with YouTube TV now live in several major markets, and Red available as an included bonus for subscribers, premiering new (and potentially even entertaining) ad-supported content is a not-so-subtle way of attracting advertisers despite recent troubles.
Highlights of the 2017 YouTube original content lineup:
- Ellen’s Show Me More Show: Ellen’s Show Me More Show gives fans behind the scenes access to some of the biggest stars and her favorite moments.
- Kevin Hart: What the Fit?: Kevin will team up with celebrity friends and YouTube stars each week as they attempt to master a different trending, grueling workout routine.
- I Am: Demi Lovato: Demi Lovato reveals a yearlong personal journey of music reinvention as she dives into the writing and recording of her new album
- Best.Cover.Ever.: From Ryan Seacrest Productions and Endemol Shine North America, Best.Cover.Ever. is a talent competition series hosted by Ludacris where emerging talent from across the globe submit covers to YouTube to vie for the ultimate prize: an opportunity to perform a duet with a superstar artist. Submit your cover now at thebestcoverever.com.
- Katy Perry Live Special: The Katy Perry Live Special will take you inside of her world, revealing the experiences and emotions she poured into her all-new soul-baring music on the eve of her highly anticipated album launch. With unique access, global reach and surprise fun packed along the way, Katy will break it all down in this album listen-along.